Subject: 24.5; Commit 35cd5181450 breaks nsterm.m on Mac OS X 10.6

From: David Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 05:16:07 -0800

I'm getting this when trying to build on Mac OS X 10.6:

    CC       nsterm.o
  nsterm.m: In function '-[EmacsView toggleFullScreen:]':
  nsterm.m:7058: error: 'NSWindowWillEnterFullScreenNotification'
undeclared (first use in this function)
  nsterm.m:7058: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
  nsterm.m:7058: error: for each function it appears in.)
  nsterm.m:7066: error: 'NSWindowDidEnterFullScreenNotification'
undeclared (first use in this function)
  nsterm.m:7098: error: 'NSWindowWillExitFullScreenNotification'
undeclared (first use in this function)
  nsterm.m:7104: error: 'NSWindowDidExitFullScreenNotification'
undeclared (first use in this function)
  make[1]: *** [nsterm.o] Error 1
  make: *** [src] Error 2
  make failed

Looks like this commit is the culprit:

  commit 35cd51814507987b916c4b4e0a7b45e09e454341
  Author: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
  Date:   Sat Nov 7 20:43:29 2015 -0500

      Provide NS notification objects where required to eliminate warnings

      * nsterm.m (windowDidResize:, toggleFullScreen:):
      Call notification functions with notification objects
      as per delegate APIs.

NSWindow.h says:

  APPKIT_EXTERN NSString * const NSWindowWillEnterFullScreenNotification
NS_AVAILABLE_MAC(10_7);
  APPKIT_EXTERN NSString * const NSWindowDidEnterFullScreenNotification
NS_AVAILABLE_MAC(10_7);
  APPKIT_EXTERN NSString * const NSWindowWillExitFullScreenNotification
NS_AVAILABLE_MAC(10_7);
  APPKIT_EXTERN NSString * const NSWindowDidExitFullScreenNotification
NS_AVAILABLE_MAC(10_7);

We could fix this by wrapping NSWindow*FullScreenNotification with
preprocessor guards. On the other hand, that's getting awfully bulky for
creating a bunch of NSNotifications that aren't ever used (follow the
function calls).

Perhaps we can fix the warning a different way?

-David