Subject: Re: bug#21859: 25.0.50; uesless binding for C-M-p in inferior-python-mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 20:22:23 +0200

Eric Hanchrow <[email-masked]> writes:

> I started emacs with -Q
>
> Typed M-x run-python RET
> Typed C-h f C-M-p
> Saw ``C-M-p runs the command compilation-previous-error''
> I had expected to see ``C-M-p runs the command backward-list'', or
> perhaps backward-sexp.

(I'm going through old bug reports that have unfortunately not gotten
any responses.)

This is a binding from the `compilation-shell-minor-mode-map' keymap.
If you don't want that, you could probably switch that minor mode off in
these buffers.

> Further, doing M-x local-set-key RET C-M-p backward-list RET has no
> effect: it's still bound to compilation-previous-error.

That's also because of the minor mode map that has precedence over the
current major-mode map.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no