Subject: Ediff 2.81.5 of July 4, 2013; Increase verbosity ofediff-toggle-multiframe

From: Tino Calancha <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 00:24:55 +0900 (JST)

Congratulations!  You may have unearthed a bug in Ediff!

Please make a concise and accurate summary of what happened
and mail it to the address above.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Increase verbosity of ediff-toggle-multiframe

* lisp/vc/ediff-util.el (ediff-toggle-multiframe):
Print out in the minibuffer the updated ediff frame mode.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.28)
  of 2015-11-07
Package: Ediff 2.81.5 of July 4, 2013
diff --git a/lisp/vc/ediff-util.el b/lisp/vc/ediff-util.el
index 7ef4254..04b7625 100644
--- a/lisp/vc/ediff-util.el
+++ b/lisp/vc/ediff-util.el
@@ -1293,7 +1293,8 @@ ediff-toggle-multiframe
 
   (cond ((eq ediff-window-setup-function 'ediff-setup-windows-multiframe)
 	 (setq ediff-multiframe nil)
-	 (setq window-setup-func 'ediff-setup-windows-plain))
+	 (setq window-setup-func 'ediff-setup-windows-plain)
+         (message "Set ediff in plain mode"))
 	((eq ediff-window-setup-function 'ediff-setup-windows-plain)
 	 (if (ediff-in-control-buffer-p)
 	     (ediff-kill-bottom-toolbar))
@@ -1301,13 +1302,15 @@ ediff-toggle-multiframe
 		  (window-live-p ediff-control-window))
 	     (set-window-dedicated-p ediff-control-window nil))
 	 (setq ediff-multiframe t)
-	 (setq window-setup-func 'ediff-setup-windows-multiframe))
+	 (setq window-setup-func 'ediff-setup-windows-multiframe)
+         (message "Set ediff in multiframe mode"))
 	(t
 	 (if (and (ediff-buffer-live-p ediff-control-buffer)
 		  (window-live-p ediff-control-window))
 	     (set-window-dedicated-p ediff-control-window nil))
 	 (setq ediff-multiframe t)
-	 (setq window-setup-func 'ediff-setup-windows-multiframe))
+	 (setq window-setup-func 'ediff-setup-windows-multiframe)
+         (message "Set ediff in multiframe mode"))
 	)
 
   ;; change default