Subject: bug#21846: 25.0.50; emacs hebrew script bidi nikud rendering bug

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 17:38:13 +0100

"Mark H. David" writes:
> Sorry for delayed response, [...]

Ditto.

K. Handa) writes:
> I committed changes to enable ftfont-base font-backend to handle wider
> range of combining characters for non-OTF fonts.  So, hebrew
> diacticicals should be rendered by "Aharoni CLM" font.
>
> Could you verify it?

Looks good to me.  Mostly the same as with gedit, so we got parity there
;-)

"Mark H. David" writes:
> Can you briefly explain what to update to test this change?

The change is on the "master" branch.  It involves changes in the Lisp
code as well as on the C side.

Speaking of the branch, Handa, will you backport this to emacs-25, or
will we have to wait until 25.1 to get it in a regular release? ;-)

Anyway, from my side, it seems we can close this.

@Mark, do you see anything serious still missing?

benny