Subject: Re: 23.0.60; performance issue since CVS 2009-01-30

From: Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:02:41 +0200

This was a problem on all platforms and I believe it has now been  
fixed by a check-in 2009-02-07.  Please let me know, thanks!

On Feb 4, 2009, at 3:53 PM, poppyer wrote:

>
> Adrian Robert <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I have not noticed performance problems here but there have been
>> significant changes from 01/28 through today 02/04 and it is possible
>> there are problems under some usage conditions.  First, could you
>> test again using current CVS (including 02/04 changes)?  Also, is
>> there an easy way to obtain the 100% CPU usage cases in a mode that
>> comes with emacs?  What OS X version are you on?
>
> Yes, today 02-04 is the same, and I am using OSX 10.5.6.
>
> I am sorry but I am unable to reproduce it in other simple setup.
>
> However, we seem to trace down that the issue is about regular
> expression matching, as also mention in:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-02/msg00012.html,
> there are some clue about function "re-search-forward"

OK, thanks.  There were no OS X-specific changes in the RE area, and  
it sounds like other platforms are experiencing similar issues.