Subject: bug#21822: 25.0.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:51:36 +0100

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Drew Adams <[email-masked]> wrote:

> (font . "-outline-Courier
New-normal-normal-normal-mono-17-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-1")
> (font-backend uniscribe gdi)

But Courier New cannot display the character that you're trying to insert.
For example, after emacs -Q, doing C-x 8 <RET> 960 <RET> I get this
character:

             position: 192 of 192 (99%), column: 0
            character: ॠ (displayed as ॠ) (codepoint 2400, #o4540, #x960)
    preferred charset: unicode (Unicode (ISO10646))
code point in charset: 0x0960
               script: devanagari
               syntax: w which means: word
             category: .:Base, L:Left-to-right (strong), i:Indian
             to input: type "C-x 8 RET 960" or "C-x 8 RET DEVANAGARI LETTER
VOCALIC RR"
          buffer code: #xE0 #xA5 #xA0
            file code: not encodable by coding system iso-latin-1-dos
              display: by this font (glyph code)
    uniscribe:-outline-Nirmala
UI-normal-normal-normal-sans-13-*-*-*-p-*-iso10646-1 (#xF6)

Character code properties: customize what to show
  name: DEVANAGARI LETTER VOCALIC RR
  general-category: Lo (Letter, Other)
  decomposition: (2400) ('ॠ')

There are text properties here:
  fontified            nil