Subject: bug#21804: closed (Re: bug#21804: 25.0.50; file-notify-tests failure on Cygwin)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 06:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#21804: 25.0.50; file-notify-tests failure on Cygwin

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21804: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21804
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21804: 25.0.50; file-notify-tests failure on Cygwin
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 07:35:19 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ken Brown <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Since I have no further idea how to get those events reliably, I tend to
>> skip both test cases for cygwin. What do you think?
>
> That makes sense to me.  Thanks for your efforts on this.

Done. Closing the bug.

> Ken

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 25.0.50; file-notify-tests failure on Cygwin
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 10:51:19 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The following tests are failing on Cygwin:

file-notify-test02-events
file-notify-test02-events-remote
file-notify-test04-file-validity
file-notify-test04-file-validity-remote
file-notify-test05-dir-validity

The first two have been failing for as long as I can remember, but I 
never got around to reporting it.

The next two failed immediately after they were introduced in the 
following commit:

commit 7a3f3183cd8faff8901ead547711e1c90ea02efe
Author: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Sep 14 08:03:11 2015 +0200

Test file-notify-valid-p.

* test/automated/file-notify-tests.el
(file-notify-test04-file-validity, file-notify-test05-dir-validity): New
tests.

The last one started failing shortly after that, but I haven’t pinned 
down the exact commit.

I’m attaching the log based on a build from git 1500667.  Please let me 
know what I can do to help track this down.
Ken