Subject: Re: bug#21804: 25.0.50; file-notify-tests failure on Cygwin

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 19:44:29 +0100

Ken Brown <[email-masked]> writes:

>> In lisp/filenotify.el and test/automated/file-notify-tests.el, I've
>> prepared trace messages. You'll find them searching for ";;(message".
>> Could you, please, enable these traces and show the resulting log?
>
> Attached.
>
> Running 12 tests (2015-11-04 11:51:58-0500)
> Local library: `gfilenotify'
>    passed   1/12  file-notify-test00-availability
> Remote command: `gvfs-monitor-dir'
>    passed   2/12  file-notify-test00-availability-remote
>    passed   3/12  file-notify-test01-add-watch
>    passed   4/12  file-notify-test01-add-watch-remote
> file-notify--test-event-handler (6443046528 stopped "/tmp/file-notify-test552448U")
> Test file-notify-test02-events backtrace:

It is obvious, that `file-notify--test-with-events' isn't kosher. No
event arrived inside this macro. The stopped event arrived later, in one
of the unwindforms of the surrounding unwind-protect.

Are there special problems with cygwin Emacs related to the
`with-timeout' macro?

Hard to debug, because we are faced with timing issues. So I would need
to do this myself ...

Well, I'll try to find a machine where I could install cygwin. Where
could I find a very recent Emacs, including the patch of gfilenotify.c
I've committed yesterday?

> Ken

Best regards, Michael.