Subject: bug#21804: 25.0.50; file-notify-tests failure on Cygwin

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 09:20:12 +0100

Ken Brown <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Ken,

> Yes, it improves the tests slightly; file-notify-test05-dir-validity
> now passes.  But the other four still fail.  The new log is attached.

In all four cases, `file-notify--test-with-events' returned nil, where
it was supposed to show the incoming events. Strange.

In lisp/filenotify.el and test/automated/file-notify-tests.el, I've
prepared trace messages. You'll find them searching for ";;(message".
Could you, please, enable these traces and show the resulting log?

Another idea is to increase the timeouts in `file-notify--test-timeout'.

Btw (and likely you know it already), you can run just this test with

# make -C test/automated file-notify-tests

or

# rm test/automated/file-notify-tests.log
# make -C test/automated file-notify-tests.log

This might save time for your tests.

> Ken

Best regards, Michael.