Subject: bug#21803: Bug #21803 Hunting: status?

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 12:53:35 +0100

Hi Ludo,

Thank you for the explanations.

On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 at 22:09, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I would probably do “guix build guitarix” (get the substitute) and then
> “guix build guitarix --check --no-grafts -K”, possibly several times*,
> which builds guitarix alone from source.

I confirm what you reported:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ LC_ALL=C diff -r --no-dereference
/gnu/store/16g7l26rpwhza7fm5jm3lz1ycavky9yl-guitarix-0.38.1
/gnu/store/16g7l26rpwhza7fm5jm3lz1ycavky9yl-guitarix-0.38.1-check
File /gnu/store/16g7l26rpwhza7fm5jm3lz1ycavky9yl-guitarix-0.38.1/lib/libgxw.so
is a symbolic link while file
/gnu/store/16g7l26rpwhza7fm5jm3lz1ycavky9yl-guitarix-0.38.1-check/lib/libgxw.so
is a regular file
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

As you said, it needs more investigation... :-)

> Perhaps there are genuine issues described in the rest of your message
> but we’d need to isolate them first.  :-)

Yes, first things first. :-)
And I will open discussion elsewhere because it is not related to this bug.

Thanks,
simon