Subject: bug#21796:

From: Mark Grosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 17:57:12 +0000

Here's my reproduction of this bug. I do not get any output from xbacktrace
(i did source src/.gdbinit)

In GNU Emacs 24.5.3 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2016-06-16 on ula034034-w1
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/a0324034/emacs'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 72087 5028)
 (symbols 48 17638 0)
 (miscs 40 40 113)
 (strings 32 9276 4364)
 (string-bytes 1 258403)
 (vectors 16 8987)
 (vector-slots 8 383754 17180)
 (floats 8 64 275)
 (intervals 56 173 4)
 (buffers 960 12)
 (heap 1024 25044 893))

(gdb) thread apply all bt

Thread 4 (Thread 0x7fe956851700 (LWP 3454)):
#0  0x00007fe95d754fdd in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
#1  0x00007fe961302fe4 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#2  0x00007fe9613030ec in g_main_context_iteration ()
   from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#3  0x00007fe961303129 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#4  0x00007fe961327f05 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#5  0x00007fe95da35184 in start_thread (arg=0x7fe956851700)
    at pthread_create.c:312
#6  0x00007fe95d76237d in clone ()
    at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:111

Thread 3 (Thread 0x7fe955819700 (LWP 3455)):
#0  0x00007fe95d754fdd in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
#1  0x00007fe961302fe4 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#2  0x00007fe9613030ec in g_main_context_iteration ()
   from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#3  0x00007fe9558211ad in ?? ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so
#4  0x00007fe961327f05 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#5  0x00007fe95da35184 in start_thread (arg=0x7fe955819700)
    at pthread_create.c:312
#6  0x00007fe95d76237d in clone ()
    at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:111

Thread 2 (Thread 0x7fe94ffff700 (LWP 3456)):
#0  0x00007fe95d754fdd in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
#1  0x00007fe961302fe4 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#2  0x00007fe96130330a in g_main_loop_run ()
   from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#3  0x00007fe962063336 in ?? () from
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgio-2.0.so.0
#4  0x00007fe961327f05 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#5  0x00007fe95da35184 in start_thread (arg=0x7fe94ffff700)
    at pthread_create.c:312
#6  0x00007fe95d76237d in clone ()
    at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/clone.S:111

Thread 1 (Thread 0x7fe963eaca80 (LWP 3453)):
#0  __GI___pthread_mutex_lock (mutex=0x13b8e00)
    at ../nptl/pthread_mutex_lock.c:122
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#1  0x00007fe961344981 in g_mutex_lock ()
   from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#2  0x00007fe961302699 in g_main_context_prepare ()
   from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#3  0x00007fe961302f03 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#4  0x00007fe961303097 in g_main_context_pending ()
   from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#5  0x00007fe962746e9d in gtk_events_pending ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-3.so.0
#6  0x00000000004ba4fb in XTread_socket (terminal=<optimized out>,
    hold_quit=0x7fffcff83d70) at xterm.c:7011
#7  0x00000000004ecbe1 in gobble_input () at keyboard.c:6851
#8  0x00000000004ec605 in handle_async_input () at keyboard.c:7091
#9  process_pending_signals () at keyboard.c:7105
#10 0x000000000053dd42 in Fmake_list (length=<optimized out>, init=12144946)
    at alloc.c:2637
#11 0x000000000055c7f8 in concat (nargs=nargs@entry=1,
    args=args@entry=0x7fffcff83ee8, target_type=Lisp_Cons,
    last_special=last_special@entry=false) at fns.c:588
#12 0x000000000055d321 in Fcopy_sequence (arg=19525990) at fns.c:456
#13 0x00000000004eb416 in timer_check () at keyboard.c:4572
#14 0x00000000004eb921 in readable_events (flags=1) at keyboard.c:3448
#15 0x00000000004ecce8 in get_input_pending (flags=1) at keyboard.c:6766
#16 0x00000000004f0134 in detect_input_pending_run_timers (
    do_display=do_display@entry=true) at keyboard.c:9895
#17 0x0000000000595ac6 in wait_reading_process_output (
    time_limit=time_limit@entry=30, nsecs=nsecs@entry=0,
    read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1, do_display=do_display@entry=true,
    wait_for_cell=12144946, wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0,
    just_wait_proc=just_wait_proc@entry=0) at process.c:4702
#18 0x0000000000421a74 in sit_for (timeout=<optimized out>,
    reading=reading@entry=true, display_option=display_option@entry=1)
    at dispnew.c:5867
#19 0x00000000004f0e54 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=map@entry=38081766,
    prev_event=12144946, used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry
=0x7fffcff8472b,
    end_time=end_time@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2810
#20 0x00000000004f232f in read_key_sequence (
    keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fffcff84800, prompt=12144946,
    dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=false,
    can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=true,
    fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=true,
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    prevent_redisplay=prevent_redisplay@entry=false, bufsize=30)
    at keyboard.c:9089
#21 0x00000000004f3f20 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1453
#22 0x0000000000555b4e in internal_condition_case (
    bfun=bfun@entry=0x4f3d30 <command_loop_1>, handlers=<optimized out>,
    hfun=hfun@entry=0x4eaca0 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1348
#23 0x00000000004e63de in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=12144946)
    at keyboard.c:1178
#24 0x0000000000555a5b in internal_catch (tag=12192450,
    func=func@entry=0x4e63c0 <command_loop_2>, arg=12144946) at eval.c:1112
#25 0x00000000004ea8c7 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1157
#26 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:778
#27 0x00000000004eabdd in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:849
#28 0x0000000000417c95 in main (argc=<optimized out>, argv=0x7fffcff84b58)
    at emacs.c:1642
(gdb) xbacktrace
(gdb)