Subject: bug#21786: 24.5; When resolving a svn conflict, Emacs regards the file as changed on disk

From: Vincent Lefevre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 14:33:26 +0100

When I resolve a svn conflict, Emacs regards the file as changed on
disk.

I'm doing the following:

zira:~/software/mpfr-3.1> svn merge -c 9699 ../mpfr .
--- Merging r9699 into '.':
U    src/mulders.c
C    tests/tdiv.c
--- Recording mergeinfo for merge of r9699 into '.':
 U   .
--- Recording mergeinfo for merge of r9699 into 'tests/tdiv.c':
 U   tests/tdiv.c
Summary of conflicts:
  Text conflicts: 1
Conflict discovered in file 'tests/tdiv.c'.
Select: (p) postpone, (df) show diff, (e) edit file, (m) merge,
        (mc) my side of conflict, (tc) their side of conflict,
        (s) show all options: p
Summary of conflicts:
  Text conflicts: 1

zira:~/software/mpfr-3.1> emacs tests/tdiv.c

Over the text after the =====, I do mouse-3 Keep Current, then
C-x C-s to save. Until now, everything is OK. But if I try to
edit the file, e.g. by hitting the space bar, I get:

tdiv.c changed on disk; really edit the buffer?

This is always reproducible.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.2)
 of 2015-10-24 on trouble, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11703000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux stable-updates (sid)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: POSIX
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_DK
  value of $LANG: POSIX
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/l

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50rnc-mode.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vinc17/share/emacs/site-lisp/mutteditor.el (source)...done
Loading time...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
There are unresolved conflicts in this file
<mouse-5> is undefined
Saving file /home/vinc17/software/mpfr-3.1/tests/tdiv.c...
Wrote /home/vinc17/software/mpfr-3.1/tests/tdiv.c
Quit
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/rst
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr warnings emacsbug message format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode smerge-mode diff-mode
easy-mmode vc-dispatcher vc-svn cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds time cus-start cus-load paren cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib
time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 121574 6246)
 (symbols 48 21966 0)
 (miscs 40 62 95)
 (strings 32 22009 4775)
 (string-bytes 1 675927)
 (vectors 16 12348)
 (vector-slots 8 422137 3434)
 (floats 8 73 274)
 (intervals 56 793 18)
 (buffers 960 15)
 (heap 1024 41494 1119))