Subject: bug#21784: cannot install icecat!

From: Lasse Collin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 19:47:30 +0200

On 2015-10-29 Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> "-=}\*/{=-" <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
> > ERROR: download failed "http://tukaani.org/xz/xz-5.0.4.tar.gz" 403
> > "Forbidden"
> 
> This seems to be an issue at tukaani.org since this URL is still
> listed at <http://tukaani.org/xz/old.html>.
> 
> Lasse: Could it be that the permissions for old tarballs were
> inadvertently changed?

As documented at the beginning of the page you linked, it's intentional
but (possibly) temporary. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

For some reason the old XZ Utils versions are more popular downloads
than the latest versions (5.0.8 and 5.2.2). Perhaps I should move the
downloads somewhere else to avoid bandwidth quota issues, but on the
other hand I feel that it's not nice if source-based distributions rely
on upstream servers instead of providing their own distro-specific
mirrors. If you think this isn't a reasonable wish, feel free to say so.

By the way, is there a reason why you use 5.0.4 instead of 5.0.8 (or
even 5.2.2)? I know that the point of many stable distributions is that
packages don't get upgraded without a good reason, but with XZ Utils a
stable branch gets fixes without new features. I hope this makes it
easier for downstream distributions to make bug fixes available for
users (backporting gets done by the upstream).

-- 
Lasse Collin  |  IRC: Larhzu @ IRCnet & Freenode