Subject: bug#21780: 25.0.50; Saving *Help* results in bad encoding because of curly quotes

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 09:17:58 -0700 (PDT)

> Anyway, I tried commenting out the first of those.  That did
> change the text of the *Warning* buffer, so that it mentioned
> utf-8 as one of the possibilities.  (Unfortunately, I still
> cannot get the file saved, because Emacs crashes.  Again, the
> autosave file looks fine in a new session, and shows U(Unix)
> in the mode line.)
> 
> Attached is a screenshot of the *Warning* text after commenting
> out that line.

Sorry, I was wrong about this and something I said earlier.

Even with the line present, I do not see the problem I thought
I saw earlier, of the *Warning* presenting only two encoding
options, one of which was raw text.  Dunno what build I saw
that in.

The screenshot I just sent is what I see even in the build
I reported about (and it mentions utf-8).  The rest of the
problems are as I reported them.