Subject: bug#21779: 25.05.50; toggle-frame-fullscreen causes input lag on client frames

From: "Jesuz Networks Inc. " <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 22:58:18 +0100

I would like to report a serious bug.

I downloaded Emacs from sourceforge.net/projects/emacsbinw64/, and I run
Windows 7. It's tested with empty Emacs configuration, except the server
part.

When you start an Emacs instance, and then in that Emacs instance you run
M-x eshell and do something with it.

Then you call a Emacs client instance. In that frame of Emacs client, you
call M-x toggle-frame-fullscreen.

Then you do, for example, C-x C-f and type some words, you don't see the
words in the minibuffer of the EmacsClient frame.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2015-10-05
Repository revision: 1fa9f860564d1b7f223c73395b77efeab3b48555
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/z/emacs --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-wide-int
 --with-jpeg --with-xpm --with-png --with-tiff --with-rsvg --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-sound=yes --with-file-notification=yes
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
 -g0 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -static -s
 -Wl,-s''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: NLD
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-mode: t
  evil-snipe-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  golden-ratio-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  imagex-global-sticky-mode: t
  imagex-sticky-mode: t
  rainbow-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  shackle-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  smooth-scroll-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  vimish-fold-global-mode: t
  vimish-fold-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  goto-address-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-flx-mode: t
  global-evil-visualstar-mode: t
  evil-visualstar-mode: t
  global-evil-matchit-mode: t
  evil-matchit-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  openwith-mode: t
  beacon-mode: t
  global-adaptive-wrap-prefix-mode: t
  adaptive-wrap-prefix-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading a:/Dropbox/Emacs/modules/config-styling.el (source)...done
Mark set [2 times]
line-move-visual: End of buffer
Mark set [2 times]
smooth-scroll/.vscroll-aux: End of buffer
Mark set [2 times]
smooth-scroll/.vscroll-aux: Beginning of buffer
Mark set [2 times]
Quit [2 times]
Running cmd: report-emacs-bug

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/junza/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20151027.2239/helm-multi-match
hides
c:/Users/junza/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20151024.2233/helm-multi-match
c:/Users/junza/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-20151019.1553/seq hides
c:/Dropbox/Emacs/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils paren helm-command
helm-elisp helm-eval edebug winner aggressive-indent avy ahk-mode bm
comment-dwim-2 company-yasnippet company-files company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml
company-bbdb company corral dired+ dired-efap dired-filter dired-narrow
dired-ranger dired-hacks-utils dired-sort edit-server elscreen
evil-numbers evil-snipe evil-textobj-anyblock evil-anzu anzu
expand-region text-mode-expansions cc-mode-expansions
the-org-mode-expansions js2-mode-expansions js-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions expand-region-core expand-region-custom flycheck-tip
error-tip notifications dbus popup general-close general-close-modes
golden-ratio header2 ido-vertical-mode ido-grid-mode idomenu flx-ido
ido-clever-match ido image+ image-file org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
paradox paradox-menu paradox-commit-list paradox-execute paradox-github
paradox-core spinner rainbow-mode color rainbow-delimiters restclient
shackle smartparens smooth-scroll transpose-frame twittering-mode
volatile-highlights vimish-fold f s ucs-normalize wsd-mode wsd-flycheck
flycheck find-func subr-x ob-wsdmode ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
wsd-core yasnippet js2-mode js json imenu php-mode speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe etags xref project flymake add-log cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
zencoding-mode goto-addr time config-buffers config-docview config-css
config-eww config-memento memento config-eshell config-keybindings
config-styling junza-theme config-web config-php config-javascript
config-elisp config-yasnippet config-wsd-mode config-vimish-fold
config-volatile-highlights config-uniquify config-undo-tree
config-twittering-mode config-transpose-frame edbi sql view epc ctable
concurrent deferred sqlup-mode config-sql config-smoothscroll
config-smartparens config-smart-mode-line smart-mode-line-light-theme
smart-mode-line rich-minority config-shackle saveplace config-saveplace
config-restclient config-recentf config-rainbowdelimiters config-rainbow
config-minibuffer config-projectile helm-projectile projectile grep
ibuf-ext ibuffer dash config-paradox restart-emacs config-restart-emacs
config-shell-pop shell-pop term ehelp config-org config-keychord key-seq
key-chord config-image config-ido config-hydra hydra lv
config-helm-swoop helm-swoop flx helm-mode helm-files image-dired tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec dired-x
dired-aux ffap helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark
helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark pp helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp
helm-plugin helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars mailcap helm-utils compile comint ansi-color
helm-help helm-types helm helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib helm-flx
config-helm config-header config-golden-ratio config-generalclose
config-flycheck highlight-symbol config-expand-region
config-evil-little-word evil-visualstar evil-matchit evil
evil-integration undo-tree diff evil-maps evil-commands
evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common thingatpt rect
evil-digraphs evil-vars ring config-evil config-erc config-elscreen
config-edit-server advice rx openwith direx eieio-compat cl-seq dired
eieio byte-opt eieio-core config-dired config-diminish config-corral
config-company config-commentdwim2 config-bookmarks beacon seq
config-beacon config-ahk-mode config-avy config-aggressive-indent
adaptive-wrap config-adaptive-wrap config-functions cl-macs windmove
config-hooks savehist recentf tree-widget wid-edit config-setq
config-path server use-package diminish bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode cconv bind-key easy-mmode cl gv finder-inf edmacro kmacro
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib info package easymenu epg-config time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 849203 84162)
 (symbols 56 59162 2)
 (miscs 48 198 541)
 (strings 32 145475 20468)
 (string-bytes 1 4716896)
 (vectors 16 111979)
 (vector-slots 8 2563220 48745)
 (floats 8 3625 280)
 (intervals 56 2255 573)
 (buffers 976 25))