Subject: Re: bug#21777: 25.0.50; gud-gdb uses a pager, which is harmful inside emacs

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 16:15:29 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> The value of window-adjust-process-window-size-function in the GUD
> buffer is window-adjust-process-window-size-smallest.  Did you try to
> trace that function?

I tried that now, and debug-on-entry-ing that function does not result
in that function giving a backtrace...

AAARGH!  It's, once again, the problem of the debugger not being allowed
to be called when inhibit-redisplay is bound, which is seems to be
here.  I wish we could fix that, or at least have `debug' say "Not
entering the debugger because inhibit-redisplay is set"...

Anyway, set-process-window-size is indeed called in M-x gud-gdb
buffers.  So does M-x gdb buffers...  but in that case, gdb just seems
to ignore it, as it should.  So M-x gdb sets up gdb in a way that
gud-gdb doesn't.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no