Subject: Re: bug#21776: bug

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 13:03:27 -0600

retitle 21776 Date not found
tag 21776 notabug
thanks

On 10/28/2015 10:43 AM, juzhen wrote:
> Hi,
>     Why my date command doesn't work?
> zidane@zidane-pc:~$ Date
> No command 'Date' found, did you mean:
>  Command 'late' from package 'late' (universe)
>  Command 'date' from package 'coreutils' (main)
>  Command 'yate' from package 'yate' (universe)
>  Command 'kate' from package 'kate' (universe)

Thanks for the report.  However, this is not a bug in coreutils, but in
your usage.

Unlike case-insensitive Windows systems (where cmd, Cmd, CMD, and even
cMd all resolve to the same command), Unix-y systems are case-sensitive,
and you MUST use the exact case (usually all lower-case) of the utility
you are invoking.  In this case, your shell even helped you with a hint,
suggesting 'date' as one of the possible typo corrections for your
attempt to invoke a missing 'Date'.

I'm closing this bug report in the database, but you should feel free to
ask further questions on this thread.

-- 
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org