Subject: Re: bug#2176: 2176 proposal

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 00:58:31 -0400

> From: Zachary Kanfer <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 23:13:00 -0400
> 
> This patch makes the line include a link to run 'recover-session .
> It also rephrases the text. The text used to be "If an Emacs session crashed
> recently, type Meta-x recover-session RET \nto recover the files you were
> editing." The rephrased text is "If Emacs crashed recently, you may recover
> your previous session."
> The text no longer tells you how to run the command (i.e., with Meta-x
> recover-session RET). This is in line with the other commands on the page
> (e.g., Emacs Tutorial, Open a File).

Recovering a crashed session is much more important than visiting a
tutorial or opening a file.  I would understand and support a
suggestion to _add_ a clickable link, but why would you want to remove
the information about invoking recovery by hand?  A user whose session
crashed may be under pressure, and not immediately recognize the
significance of the blue underlined portion of the text.