Subject: RE: bug#21746: 24.5; purpose of dired-keep-marker-copy?

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 01:17:05 -0700 (PDT)

> > > There is a big difference between exposing and documenting more
> > > features from dired.
> >
> > We generally don't document stuff in the manual that is not
> > exposed by default.
> 
> That's not true, there are a lot of stuff documented in the manual
> that isn't exposed by default.  Rmail, for instance.

There is some such stuff.  But there is certainly a lot more
that is not.  I stand by my statement, which intentionally said
that we "_generally_" do not document stuff that is not exposed
by default.

We certainly do not _generally document_ stuff in the manual
that is not exposed by default.

But if you want to document all, or even some, of the keys
and commands provided by dired-x.el and dired-aux.el, even
without loading them along with dired.el, that's fine by me.