Subject: Re: bug#21746: 24.5; purpose of dired-keep-marker-copy?

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 08:26:23 +0300

> Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 14:57:35 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Thank you, indeed I was missing this piece of info.  I am just
> > wondering: how often are you using this?  Is this a feature which
> > should be exposed to all emacs beginners?  If yes, it needs to be
> > documented better.
> 
> There is a lot in Dired that I think should be exposed/documented
> better/more.  By default we don't even load dired-x.el or
> dired-aux.el, and they provide lots of stuff useful even for
> beginners, including lots of menus.
> 
> I would be in favor of our loading both of these Dired libraries
> by default.  There is lots in Dired that users can benefit from,
> but they are typically unaware of it.

Aren't the commands and options there autoloaded?  If not, we could
autoload them, which would solve the visibility problem without
bloating the minimal memory footprint too much.  Patches welcome.