Subject: bug#21746: 24.5; purpose of dired-keep-marker-copy?

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 17:53:23 -0700 (PDT)

> > Yes, I already mentioned that earlier.  Specifically `C-u M-DEL',
> > if you want to remove all marks of any kind.
> 
> Have you really tried `C-u M-DEL'?

I'm sorry.  I meant `M-DEL RET'.  It's automatic for my fingers,
but not for my brain.

> I see this error:
> dired-unmark-all-files: Symbol’s value as variable is void: query
> A bug?

Yes, I see the same as you.  Indeed, it seems to be a bug.

As Michael indicated, I get no prompt to enter the mark character,
and when I nevertheless do so (e.g. I hit `*'), I get the error
you cited.

Please file a separate bug for that.  It is unrelated to this
thread.  Sorry I mistyped the key sequence for removing all
marks (which is `M-DEL RET').  But glad it led you your finding
this bug.