Subject: bug#21729: doc-view messed up by early auto-revert

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 11:21:29 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> It seems the original issue reported here was fixed, but then an
> enhancement request is discussed:
>
> Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Alternatively, we could of course enhance autorevert.el, e.g., by
>> introducing some buffer-local variable `auto-revert-predicate' which is
>> run by auto-revert in order to test if the current buffer can be
>> reverted right now.  That could then be used by doc-view, and I guess
>> there are other modes which could make use of such a feature, too.
>>
>> Stefan, do you think that would be a good idea?
>
> I'm not Stefan, but I think that sounds like a good idea.

I don't know.  There are not many file types which are regenerated
(where regeneration modifies the file several times and takes some
time), likely to be opened in Emacs, and which can be checked for
validity.

Bye,
Tassilo