Subject: bug#21722: 25.0.50; Unexpected point position after undo

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 21:16:56 -0400

Markus Triska <[email-masked]> writes:

> In "emacs -Q", when I insert into *scratch* the form:
>
>    (progn (end-of-line) (insert "\nhi"))
>
> then place point on the "g" and press C-M-x C-/, then the insertion is
> undone, and point remains on the "g", as expected. When I then press:
>
>    C-h f C-g C-M-x C-/
>
> the insertion is undone, and point is unexpectedly placed at the end of
> the form instead of remaining on the "g". When I then place point on the
> "g" again, and again press C-M-x C-/, point again stays on the "g".
>
> Thus, point position after undo is sometimes unexpected.

In 25.1-rc1 the point position stays in place for both cases.  So I
guess this can be considered fixed?

(In 25.0.93 (which I happened to have lying around), it moves in both
cases)