Subject: 25.0.50; applying git stash should update *vc-dir*

From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 09:32:40 -0600

I have a *vc-dir* buffer with many stashes.
I applied the top-most stash using the menu.
However, the *vc-dir* buffer remained unchanged.

I typed "g" at this point and the buffer updated.
However, I think Emacs should do this automatically.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.4 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.7)
 of 2015-10-19
Repository revision: 29c4be264b397c98ca1f3a3727d33b4c480cbae1
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11702000
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install/
 --with-file-notification=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-agent-summary-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  erc-notify-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Saving file /home/tromey/.newsrc-dribble...
Wrote /home/tromey/.newsrc-dribble [2 times]
(Saved .newsrc-dribble)
Hiding up-to-date and ignored items
Mark set
scroll-up-command: End of buffer [3 times]
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer, C-M-v to scroll help.
Mark saved where search started
d is undefined [2 times]
Remove stash {0} ? (y or n) y

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sgml-mode conf-mode webjump gnus-html url-cache
mailalias bbdb-sc supercite regi mail-hist nnir dxr mm-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell grep
git-commit-mode log-edit smerge-mode js json cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds copyright git-rebase-mode term/xterm xterm
bug-reference add-log log-view pcvs-util dabbrev flow-fill shr-color
url-util url-parse url-vars shr dom mm-archive misearch multi-isearch
bbdb-gui bbdb-hooks bbdb-rmail rmailsum rmail sort smiley gnus-cite
gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git
diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs gnus-topic nndraft
nnmh nnfolder utf-7 bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com warnings
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp
gnus-cache gnus-registry registry eieio-compat eieio-base gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group
gnus-undo smtpmail sendmail gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils browse-url gnutls
network-stream nsm starttls tls erc-spelling erc-truncate flyspell
ispell diminish appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs which-func imenu projectile ibuf-macs ibuf-ext ibuffer
minimap autorevert filenotify desktop frameset cus-start cus-load
erc-notify erc-desktop-notifications notifications dbus xml erc-services
erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete
erc-track erc-match erc-netsplit erc-hl-nicks color erc-button erc-fill
erc-stamp wid-edit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv
gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache thingatpt pp status
dired-aux dired-x dired advice vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher flycheck
derived easy-mmode cl-seq edmacro kmacro find-func help-mode rx subr-x
dash jka-compr sh-script smie executable compile let-alist cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs bbdb cl timezone ange-ftp comint
ansi-color ring server savehist finder-inf bbdb-autoloads
dwarf-mode-autoloads eieio-core cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look weblogger-autoloads
info package easymenu epg-config time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1820058 727006)
 (symbols 48 105129 17)
 (miscs 40 27878 8749)
 (strings 32 682152 288210)
 (string-bytes 1 25700110)
 (vectors 16 109792)
 (vector-slots 8 2404435 191975)
 (floats 8 892 1125)
 (intervals 56 67284 1438)
 (buffers 976 171)
 (heap 1024 211484 66149))

Tom