Subject: 25.0.50; highlight-regexp gets confused when the highlighted text is pasted

From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 23:13:19 -0700

Hi. I'm running a recent build of emacs: 

  https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/commit/ce402dd

and I'm observing highlight-regexp get confused some times. Recipe:

1. emacs -Q

2. open or type a tiny .c source file such as:
=====================
int main(void)
{

}
=====================

3. mark 'main' and M-w

4. highlight 'main': M-s h r main, accept default face

5. yank on the empty line between {}. I expect the yanked text 'main' to
be highlighted. Instead I sometimes see "mai" being highlighted but not
the "n"; at other times I see nothing highlighted, but "mai" being
rendered with a different face than the "n". In any case, it's never
highlighted correctly.