Subject: bug#21704: 25.0.50; Package (package.el) doc should mention effects on `load-path'

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 00:45:07 -0400

> Do you have a suggestion as to where in the manual we should mention the
> load-path impact?

How about in Package Installation? (see attached patch)
From c2c144a315d276b97e20ed66785f5060eaed8406 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 00:26:16 -0400
Subject: [PATCH v1] Document more details of package activation

* doc/emacs/package.texi (Package Installation): Explain that package
activation adds to load-path (Bug #21704).
---
 doc/emacs/package.texi | 10 ++++++----
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/emacs/package.texi b/doc/emacs/package.texi
index 3c09983..f80cae6 100644
--- a/doc/emacs/package.texi
+++ b/doc/emacs/package.texi
@@ -238,10 +238,12 @@ Package Installation
 
   Once a package is downloaded and installed, it is @dfn{loaded} into
 the current Emacs session.  Loading a package is not quite the same as
-loading a Lisp library (@pxref{Lisp Libraries}); its effect varies
-from package to package.  Most packages just make some new commands
-available, while others have more wide-ranging effects on the Emacs
-session.  For such information, consult the package's help buffer.
+loading a Lisp library (@pxref{Lisp Libraries}); loading a package
+adds its directory to @var{load-path} and loads its autoloads.  The
+effect of a package's autoloads varies from package to package.  Most
+packages just make some new commands available, while others have more
+wide-ranging effects on the Emacs session.  For such information,
+consult the package's help buffer.
 
   By default, Emacs also automatically loads all installed packages in
 subsequent Emacs sessions.  This happens at startup, after processing
-- 
2.8.0