Subject: bug#21700: new snapshot available: grep-2.21.78-7da30

From: Jim Meyering <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 09:27:14 -0700

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 11:38 PM, Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 18:34:43 -0700
> Jim Meyering <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 10:26 PM, Jim Meyering <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> > I want to release grep-2.22 in just a couple of days.
>> > This release is motivated largely by the discovery that there has
>> > been a bug in versions 2.19, 2.20 and 2.21 that made grep mistakenly
>> > print some lines that did not match. However, there have also been
>> > several other bug fixes and notable performance improvements.
>> >
>> > Any testing you can do would be most welcome.
>> > Feedback, even the report that you "built and passed tests on XYZ,"
>> > would be appreciated.
>>
>> I'm about to push the following three small patches and make another
>> test release, hoping a few more people will run tests. So far, very
>> few people have actually run tests, if the replies to this
>> announcement are any indication. Let's be optimistic and presume that
>> many have built and run the tests, but didn't bother to write in
>> because all of the test passed.
>
> How can I get the sources to this test snapshot along with all the patches? Can
> you provide a reproduction recipe?

I've just posted links to new tarballs.
To build from git-cloned sources, follow these instructions:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grep.git/tree/README-hacking