Subject: Re: bug#21700: new snapshot available: grep-2.21.78-7da30

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 08:38:30 +0200

Hi Jim,

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 18:34:43 -0700
Jim Meyering <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 10:26 PM, Jim Meyering <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > I want to release grep-2.22 in just a couple of days.
> > This release is motivated largely by the discovery that there has
> > been a bug in versions 2.19, 2.20 and 2.21 that made grep mistakenly
> > print some lines that did not match. However, there have also been
> > several other bug fixes and notable performance improvements.
> >
> > Any testing you can do would be most welcome.
> > Feedback, even the report that you "built and passed tests on XYZ,"
> > would be appreciated.  
> 
> I'm about to push the following three small patches and make another
> test release, hoping a few more people will run tests. So far, very
> few people have actually run tests, if the replies to this
> announcement are any indication. Let's be optimistic and presume that
> many have built and run the tests, but didn't bother to write in
> because all of the test passed.

How can I get the sources to this test snapshot along with all the patches? Can
you provide a reproduction recipe?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
Summer Glau Facts - http://shlom.in/sglau-facts

Major Kira: Well, duh! The prophets spoke of several of The Invisible’s
children and their whereabouts.
Jadzia: Major, you and I will need to talk someday about that “duh”.
    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/Star-Trek/We-the-Living-Dead/

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .