Subject: Re: bug#21699: 24.5; Bug in backup-buffer-copy and/or set-file-extended-attributes etc

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 15:27:20 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> FWIW, there is no real loss of information for doing that:
>> `extended-attributes' currently adds acl and selinux entries always,
>> with my fix (of dropping the no-info values) you can tell when there was
>> no information for acl/selinux just by the fact that there is no such
>> element in the `extended-attributes' result.
>
> Paul (or anyone else), any second opinions about this?

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

This was six years ago, and it doesn't seem like anybody had an opinion.
Skimming this bug report, it seems like the fix in f1575763c0d fixed the
reported problem, so I'm closing this bug report.  If I misunderstood,
please respond to the debbugs address and we'll reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no