Subject: 25.0.50; display bug

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 19:37:07 -0400

In emacs -Q, do C-u M-x rmail RET foo RET with the data below in file
foo.  It messes up display on my terminal -- characters appear
on the wrong screen line.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2015-08-12 on freetop
Repository revision: 79a169684dfad2c0bbb9fdbae539c1f30d9f0ac3
System Description:	Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos

Configured using:
 `configure 'CFLAGS=-g -O0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Showing message 830...done
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Quit
Mark activated
File /home/rms/foo already exists; overwrite anyway? (y or n) y
Wrote /home/rms/foo
Quit
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug pp wid-edit descr-text eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe find-func jka-compr ispell pcmpl-unix debug etags
thingatpt xref project parse-time vc-cvs sgml-mode dired-aux cal-move
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs compare-w diff-mode easy-mmode rect
rmailout misearch multi-isearch epa-mail quail rmailkwd url-util
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra seq cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv gnus-util password-cache
url-vars shr dom subr-x browse-url epa derived epg shell pcomplete
grep compile comint ansi-color ring rmailsum dabbrev mailalias qp
rmailmm message sendmail format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231
rmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils dired t-mouse view
time-date paren cus-start cus-load advice finder-inf package easymenu
epg-config mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 398770 84865)
 (symbols 24 37751 2)
 (miscs 20 7161 4506)
 (strings 16 56716 18065)
 (string-bytes 1 1933809)
 (vectors 8 31947)
 (vector-slots 4 1544326 35582)
 (floats 8 290 471)
 (intervals 28 90175 1692)
 (buffers 520 124)
 (heap 1024 25713 10736))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.