Subject: bug#21682: 25.0.50; display bug

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 19:35:28 +0300

> From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:04:24 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Emacs needs to cope with it, unless we can get it fixed.
> 
> Emacs cannot know how characters are drawn on a tty.

Does that mean you understood what causes Richard's problem?  If so,
can you explain?

I thought asking Richard for dribble files in both cases, but if you
already understand what's going on, there would be no need.

I actually don't understand why we have auto-composition-mode turned
on for TTY frames, and where do we take the data for composing
characters there (there's no font back-end).  Kenichi, can you
explain, please?

Thanks.