Subject: bug#21680: 24.5; elpa gnugo-3.0 returns an error when loading sgf file

From: [email-masked] (H. Dieter Wilhelm)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 23:05:24 +0200

Emacs -Q, then loading gnugo-3.0 from ~/emacs.d/elpa, then M-x gnugo and
trying to load an sgf file from http://www.dragongoserver.net: The
package return just an error message: Bad spec: nil.  The sgf loads in
gnugo 3.8 without errors.  When translating the "dragon" sgf file into a
gnugo sgf file it is also not possible to read the gnugo sgf into
gnugo-3.0. (The same error message occurs.)

Here's the file's content (output from gnugo 3.8 (debian 8.0), made the
name of my opponent unrecognisable):
----------------------------------------------------------------------
(;GM[1]FF[4]
SZ[11]
GN[P....-Dida-1017469-20151007]
DT[2015-08-27,2015-10-07]
PB[H. Dieter Wilhelm (Dida)]BR[29k]
PW[V.... (P... )]WR[28k]
AP[DGS:1.19.9]PC[Dragon Go Server: http://www.dragongoserver.net/]
SO[http://www.dragongoserver.net/game.php?gid=1017469]XM[62]GC[Game ID: 1017469
Game Type: GO (1:1)
Rated: Y

White Start Rating: 29k (+14%) - ELO -786
Black Start Rating: 29k (-49%) - ELO -848]
OT[30 days with 1 day extra per move]RU[Japanese]KM[6.5]HA[0]
;B[hf];W[ci];B[gh];W[ii];B[fc];W[dc];B[ff];W[ef];B[gi];W[ic];B[id]
;W[jd];B[je];W[ie];B[hd];W[jf];B[if];W[ke];B[he];W[je];B[jg];W[hc]
;B[gc];W[gf];B[gg];W[fg];B[fe];W[ed];B[ee];W[df];B[ec];W[de];B[ge]
;W[fd];B[eg];W[eh];B[fh];W[dg];B[gd];W[dd];B[fg];W[jh];B[ig];W[hh]
;B[ih];W[hi];B[ji];W[jj];B[kh];W[kj];B[ki];W[fj];B[hj];W[ij];B[ik]
;W[gj];B[hb];W[ib];B[ha];W[ia];B[gb];W[eb])

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please have a look at this issue and thank you for gnugo in Emacs! :-)

In GNU Emacs 24.5.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2015-07-26 on urmel
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.2 (jessie)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Read-Only mode enabled
call-interactively: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer  *Minibuf-1*>
command-execute: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer  *Minibuf-1*>
call-interactively: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer  *Minibuf-1*>
command-execute: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer  *Minibuf-1*>
call-interactively: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer  *Minibuf-1*> [2 times]
Quit [2 times]
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
Quit
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils vc-git gnugo-imgen
xpm-m2z artist picture reporter rect xpm gnugo ibuf-ext ibuffer
mule-util calc-misc calc-arith calc-map calc-stat calc-vec calc-menu
calc-aent tabify org-table info package epg-config edmacro kmacro ffap
thingatpt url-parse url-vars paren elec-pair icomplete hl-line dired-x
ob-maxima ob-latex ob-sh shell ob-calc calc-store calc-trail calc-ext
ob-R ob-python ox-koma-letter ox-beamer ox-rss ox-taskjuggler cl-macs
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html ox-ascii ox-publish ox cl gv calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra cconv eieio-core mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs battery time bbdb-print
bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util
org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired cl-loaddefs cl-lib
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu
calendar cal-loaddefs autoinsert server mb-depth time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 278775 18087)
 (symbols 48 37185 2)
 (miscs 40 365 689)
 (strings 32 70786 7613)
 (string-bytes 1 2278284)
 (vectors 16 29283)
 (vector-slots 8 634691 18961)
 (floats 8 709 832)
 (intervals 56 5523 12)
 (buffers 960 22)
 (heap 1024 70969 1144))

-- 
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm
Darmstadt, Germany