Subject: RE: bug#21667: 24.5; color-theme-buffer-local package misses a dependency

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:16:51 -0700 (PDT)

> The "color-theme-buffer-local" package seems to require the "color-
> theme"
> package but it doesn't "require" it (that is, doesn't list it as a
> dependency).  I guess this is the reason why I got =E2=80=9CCannot
> open load
> file, color-theme" when installing color-theme-buffer-local.  This
> error
> went away when I first installed the color-theme package before
> installing the color-theme-buffer-local package.

Dunno what "color-theme-buffer-local" package is.  I suspect that
it is not part of GNU Emacs but is a 3rd-party package.

In any case, library `color-theme.el' is not part of Emacs.  It is
3rd-party.

It is unfortunate that when Emacs added "custom" themes it
introduced a lot of confusion wrt custom themes vs color themes.
This was compounded by some (rash) statements that the former
somehow replaces the latter.  The two are different, with only
some overlapping features.

I'm guessing that you should report this problem to the maintainer
of "color-theme-buffer-local" package, not to GNU Emacs development.

This page might help with the confusion between custom themes
and color themes:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ColorAndCustomThemes