Subject: 24.5; color-theme-buffer-local package misses a dependency

From: Ryo Furue <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 18:46:08 +0900

Dear emacs maintainers,

The "color-theme-buffer-local" package seems to require the "color-theme"
package but it doesn't "require" it (that is, doesn't list it as a
dependency).  I guess this is the reason why I got =E2=80=9CCannot open load
file, color-theme" when installing color-theme-buffer-local.  This error
went away when I first installed the color-theme package before
installing the color-theme-buffer-local package.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
of 2015-04-11 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1348
Configured using:
`configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=3D/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Compilation

Minor modes in effect:
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Checking /Users/furue/.emacs.d/elpa/color-theme-buffer-local-20120702.1336.=
..
Done (Total of 2 files compiled, 1 skipped)
Contacting host: melpa.milkbox.net:80

Updating buffer list...done
Commands: m, u, t, RET, g, k, S, D, Q; q to quit; h for help
Contacting host: melpa.milkbox.net:80
Type "q" to restore previous buffer.
Mark set
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug browse-url color-theme
edmacro kmacro wid-edit sendmail reporter tar-mode ibuf-ext ibuffer
warnings compile comint ansi-color ring autoload lisp-mnt help-mode
misearch multi-isearch mule-util mm-archive message cl-macs format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-utils network-stream starttls url-http tls mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core gnus-util
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars finder-inf
planet-theme zencoding-mode cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib disp-table
whitespace exec-path-from-shell saveplace paren hl-line tex-site info
easymenu package epg-config time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 635055 72844)
(symbols 48 27928 0)
(miscs 40 136 551)
(strings 32 67613 13483)
(string-bytes 1 1696760)
(vectors 16 32433)
(vector-slots 8 1284495 155904)
(floats 8 83 473)
(intervals 56 77683 2025)
(buffers 960 19))