Subject: bug#21667: 24.5; color-theme-buffer-local package misses a dependency

From: Ryo Furue <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 10:07:39 +0900

Dear Drew Adams,

Thank you for your detailed explanation and sorry for submitting the
report to this list.

> Dunno what "color-theme-buffer-local" package is.  I suspect that
> it is not part of GNU Emacs but is a 3rd-party package.

I've forwarded the report to the author of that elisp code.  (But, I
don't know if s/he is the "packager" of it.)

For my education, may I ask which part of the emacs package system
(package.el ?) belongs to emacs proper?  The whole thing?  It's always
hard to know which part of a big system (another example is LaTeX) is
maintained by whom.

> It is unfortunate that when Emacs added "custom" themes it
> introduced a lot of confusion wrt custom themes vs color themes.
> This was compounded by some (rash) statements that the former
> somehow replaces the latter.  The two are different, with only
> some overlapping features.
[. . .]

So, are both"theming systems" themselves part of emacs proper, even if
each theme is 3rd party?

Regards,

Ryo