Subject: 25.0.50; Slashes, Windows, and IPython

From: Matthew Alhonte <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 14:54:32 -0400

Hello,

Python.el has this text:

" ;; Running IPython on Windows needs more tweaking.  The way you should
;; set `python-shell-interpreter' and `python-shell-interpreter-args'
;; is as follows (of course you need to modify the paths according to
;; your system):

;; (setq python-shell-interpreter "C:\\Python27\\python.exe"
;;       python-shell-interpreter-args
;;       "-i C:\\Python27\\Scripts\\ipython-script.py")
"

I uncommented the code, but got an error saying "  error: Non-hex digit
used for Unicode escape."

Found out from here (
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24666816/emacs-warning-an-error-occurred-while-loading-emacs-el
) that emacs on Windows knows to turn forward slashes into backslashes.
Edited it to be like this:

(defcustom python-shell-interpreter "C:/Users/Matt/Anaconda/python.exe"
  "Default Python interpreter for shell."
  :type 'string
  :group 'python)

(defcustom python-shell-interpreter-args "-i
C:/Users/Matt/Anaconda/Scripts/ipython-script.py"
  "Default arguments for the Python interpreter."
  :type 'string
  :group 'python)

And it worked!  Maybe change the warning in python.el?

Thanks,
Matt

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2015-08-18 on KAEL
Repository revision: 07ebe42546abbc9823c9ce3c7b2e397b551838a1
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/z/emacs --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-wide-int
 --with-jpeg --with-xpm --with-png --with-tiff --with-rsvg --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-sound=yes --with-file-notification=yes
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
 -g0 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -static -s
 -Wl,-s''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  window-numbering-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-vi-tilde-fringe-mode: t
  vi-tilde-fringe-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  popwin-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  Info-breadcrumbs-in-mode-line-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  global-evil-search-highlight-persist: t
  evil-search-highlight-persist: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  evil-jumper-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  eval-sexp-fu-flash-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  spacemacs-additional-leader-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent messages:
user-error: Please specify a file name for the buffer
Saving file c:/Program
Files/emacs/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/progmodes/python.el...
Wrote c:/Program Files/emacs/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/progmodes/python.el
Compiling c:/Program
Files/emacs/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/progmodes/python.el...done
Wrote c:/Program Files/emacs/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/progmodes/python.elc
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Mark set
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
interpreter-mode-alist: Alist mapping interpreter names to major modes.
Invalid face reference: t [15 times]

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/Matt/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20151006.1001/helm-multi-match
hides
c:/Users/Matt/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20151004.958/helm-multi-match
c:/Users/Matt/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-20150928.1218/seq hides
c:/Program Files/emacs/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail mail-utils helm-command helm-elisp
helm-eval edebug sort skeleton tramp-sh misearch multi-isearch
helm-descbinds helm-mode helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec dired-x dired-aux
ffap helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive
helm-info bookmark helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp helm-plugin
helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm helm-source eieio-compat
helm-multi-match helm-lib dired find-func async projectile grep compile
ibuf-ext ibuffer recentf tree-widget highlight-parentheses hideshow
rainbow-delimiters yasnippet server winner window-numbering etags xref
project volatile-highlights vi-tilde-fringe undo-tree diff
smooth-scrolling smartparens-config saveplace savehist py-yapf powerline
powerline-separators color powerline-themes popwin page-break-lines
info+ ido-vertical-mode flx-ido flx ido exec-path-from-shell
evil-surround evil-search-highlight-persist evil-numbers evil-lisp-state
smartparens evil-jumper evil-indent-textobject evil-exchange evil-escape
evil-args evil-anzu anzu info cider-eval-sexp-fu eval-sexp-fu rx
highlight diminish diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher company-web
company web-completion-data adaptive-wrap hybrid-mode ielm pp comint
ansi-color hl-line xt-mouse autorevert filenotify core-evilified-state
evil-leader evil evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands
evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove thingatpt rect
evil-digraphs evil-vars ring which-key quelpa url-parse auth-source
gnus-util password-cache url-vars package-build mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr json lisp-mnt use-package bind-key s ucs-normalize vc-git
diff-mode wid-edit solarized-dark-theme solarized dash
core-configuration-layer cl-seq finder-inf core-dotspacemacs ht cl
warnings package epg-config eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra help-mode easymenu seq cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv
core-spacemacs derived edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib
core-keybindings easy-mmode core-use-package-ext core-micro-state corelv
core-toggle core-fonts-support core-spacemacs-buffer core-funcs
core-themes-support advice core-auto-completion core-release-management
core-emacs-backports subr-x pcase time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 795718 736194)
 (symbols 56 48097 17)
 (miscs 48 535 1402)
 (strings 32 96795 260046)
 (string-bytes 1 3028696)
 (vectors 16 82878)
 (vector-slots 8 2024527 372434)
 (floats 8 1011 1610)
 (intervals 56 5724 3812)
 (buffers 976 19))