Subject: 25.0.50; Add a link to 'C-h b' in section 'Customizing Key Bindings'.Keymaps

From: Marco Wahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 11:06:13 +0200

Suggestion:  In section 'Customizing Key Bindings'.Keymaps add a hint
how to get a view on the global keymap.

Possibly just note 'C-h b' or link to a respective section.

Some people consider this as an improvement of the documentation.  See
discussion on help.emacs newsgroup "Global keymap not found" a few days
ago.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.5 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.7)
 of 2015-10-06
Repository revision: 0befeb0b7f7492103aa3902146a891fbef9e7d21
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-ggdb'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  savehist-mode: t
  zen-reward-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-lentic-mode: t
  lentic-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-hacks-mode: t
  nyan-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  timeclock-mode-line-display: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Retrieving newsgroup: nntp+news.aioe.org:gnu.emacs.help...
Generating summary...done
gnus-registry-handle-action ("<[email-masked]>" nil "nntp+news.aioe.org:gnu.emacs.help" "Re: Global keymap not found" "Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>" nil)
Gnus registry: new entry for <[email-masked]> is ((subject "Global keymap not found") (sender "Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>") (group "nntp+news.aioe.org:gnu.emacs.help") (creation-time (22038 13852 287078 858000)))
Generating summary...done
Quit
Mark set [9 times]
Mark saved where search started
Quit
kill-line: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
Error during checking
Features:
(shadow emacsbug image-file calc-alg calc-menu calc-aent org-table
bbdb-message mailalias gnus-fun iso-transl hippie-exp misearch
multi-isearch hl-line cal-iso sh-script smie executable goto-addr
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe bookmark tabify org-capture
em-unix em-term term ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred
em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io
esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module
esh-mode esh-util dictionary link connection flow-fill gnus-cite
gnus-bcklg mail-extr gnus-async qp gnus-ml mm-archive url-cache nnrss
nndoc nndraft nnmh utf-7 epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm starttls
nnfolder bbdb-gnus nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-cache gnus-demon nntp smtpmail sendmail server
checkdoc page-ext ffap erc-dcc battery view cal-china lunar cal-islam
cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs bbdb-anniv appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs warnings bbdb-csv-import pcsv emacsshot rope-read-mode
org-timer org-clock epa epg vc vc-dispatcher org-indent disp-table
org-velocity dabbrev org-eww org-elisp-symbol org-drill savehist
org-learn hi-lock org-bullets org-w3m org-rmail org-mhe org-irc
org-inlinetask org-info org-habit org-agenda org-gnus org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-ctags org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
region-linum auxies-eww auxies-rest rect little-helpers bbdb-mua
bbdb-com crm gnorb-bbdb bbdb bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs
emms-librefm-stream emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score
emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue
emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams emms-tag-editor emms-mark
emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info
later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate
emms-setup emms emms-compat gnus-load org-screenshot org-attach vc-git
diff-mode org-id org-protocol gnuplot info-look helm helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib zeitgeist dbus xml slime compile arc-mode
archive-mode hyperspec aurel url-http url-auth url-gw json url-handlers
rase solar cal-dst gnorb gnorb-org gnorb-registry gnus-registry registry
eieio-base gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnorb-gnus
gnorb-utils nngnorb nnir paredit key-chord company-files company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company
lentic-mode lentic-doc f s ucs-normalize lentic-org lentic-chunk rx
ox-texinfo ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-md
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-beamer ox-latex ox-ascii ox-publish ox
org-element avl-tree the-org-mode-expansions org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-plantuml ob-sqlite ob-sql ob-screen ob-J ob-io ob-shell
shell ob-clojure ob-scheme ob-gnuplot ob-dot ob-ditaa ob-lisp ob-css
ob-js ob-org ob-ledger ob-latex ob-calc calc-store calc-trail calc-ext
calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-C cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
ob-python ob-awk ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message dired
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win eww
mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils url-queue url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap shr dom subr-x browse-url lentic
eieio-compat m-buffer-at m-buffer m-buffer-macro dash ido-hacks ido seq
expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom advice browse-kill-ring derived
nyan-mode use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode finder-inf tex-site
edmacro kmacro cl screenshot-autoloads slime-autoloads info package
epg-config timeclock paren avoid erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring erc-track
erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source cl-seq
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core cl-macs
gv gnus-util time-date mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu mail-prsvr
password-cache thingatpt pp time desktop frameset cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib cus-start cus-load mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2459959 221620)
 (symbols 48 86283 0)
 (miscs 40 11005 7030)
 (strings 32 464562 50348)
 (string-bytes 1 8844957)
 (vectors 16 110268)
 (vector-slots 8 2437148 139816)
 (floats 8 2907 2148)
 (intervals 56 410699 13790)
 (buffers 976 107)
 (heap 1024 171388 37781))

-- 
Marco Wahl
GPG: 0x49010A040A3AE6F2