Subject: bug#21650: fix should be underneath MH-E

From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 17:41:54 -0800

Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> Implement the new user options in mm:
> `mm-html-inhibit-images' --- boolean
>   Non-nil means inhibit displaying of images inline in the article body.
>   The default is t.
> `mm-html-blocked-images' --- regexp or nil
>   Regexp matching image URLs to be blocked.  The default is "".

This looks okay to me.  And the default looks safe.

Just to confirm, mm-html-blocked-images would block the downloading of
remote images, but images that are embedded in the email and referenced
using a cid would still be displayed?

> Make `mm-inline-text-html-with-images' an obsolete variable alias
> for `mm-html-inhibit-images'.

I'm afraid I don't understand well enough how variable obsolescence
works in Emacs to be sure.  
mm-inline-text-html-with-images is documented in terms of retrieving
messages, and non-nil means to allow retrieval.  mm-html-inhibit-images
would apparently control display of any images (even ones embedded in
the email), and non-nil means *not* to display.

> MH-E doesn't have to do like this if there's no need to have
> options like `mh-inhibit-images'.

Right.  We might want to add a note to the MH-E user guide that mentions
these variables.  But I don't think any changes are needed in the code.

> MH-E doesn't use gnus-html.el, does it?

I don't see any references, no.

thanks,
mike