Subject: bug#21650: 24.5; mh-e keeps trying to open urls

From: "Simon J. Gerraty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 13:19:18 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > How do I tell Emacs that under absolutely no circumstances do I want it
> > to do this?
> 
> What exactly is that "this" that you don't want Emacs to do?  

Sorry, I was refering to the opening of urls (tls or otherwise)
especially before I've had a chance to even see what they are.

That's a serious attack vector and why I would never choose an html
enabled mail reader.

Unfortunately my mail reader of choice (for the last 20 years or so;-)
seems to have morphed into one.
I'm hoping that that can be turned off.

> It's
> hard to help without understanding which part of what you described is
> the problem.  (Maybe it's because I don't use MH-E; but TLS
> connections are in Emacs core, not in MH-E, which just uses it.)

Sorry, mh-e may be a red-herring.
I want to prevent Emacs from opening http[s] urls - at the very least
while scanning mail that I've not even been able to read yet.

Thanks
--sjg