Subject: bug#21645: Inquiry: reproducibility of a paragraph-fill bug

From: Adrian Lanz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 17:57:10 +0100

On Fre 09 Okt 2015 (09:00:53 +0200) Tassilo Horn writes:

[...]

>
>> – or I would've expected it to apply to '$...$' as well by default.
>
> Yes, I think this has been a bug (at least since 2004) which I have
> fixed right now.  So now \(...\) and $...$ and \[...\] and $$...$$
> should be treated equally.
>
> I'm closing this bug.
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo
>

Oh, no! tex source code filling is ugly now with inline (within text)
formulas - this is the environment \begin{math} ... \end{math}, the
LaTeX shorthand \( ... \) and the TeX shorthand $ ... $.

\[ ... \], $$ ... $$ and various environments such as \begin{equation}
...  \end{equation} are different - displayed equation, on (a) separate
line(s) between the text.

Please revert!

Adrian Lanz.

[...]