Subject: bug#21634: text-scale-adjust suggestion

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 13:02:53 +0200

Eli Barzilay <[email-masked]> writes:

> Well, I suspect that I'm annoyed at the other direction: whenever I go
> into the text-scaling mode, I try to remember to explicitly break it at
> the end, so that I won't leave emacs in that state by mistake and be
> surpries when I come back to it hours later (which actually happened to
> me once, possibly putting me on this side of that fence).  OTOH, if the
> delay is long enough, there is never any time pressure that I run into,
> and it's easy to see when the timer kicked in by the echo area message
> disappearing.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

We now have something similar in the form of `repeat-exit-timeout'
(which defaults to "no timeout").  Perhaps it would make sense to use
this in `text-scale-adjust'?  Any opinions?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no