Subject: bug#21630: (info "(gnus) Unavailable Servers") does not mention disabling

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 14:21:50 +0800

(info "(gnus) Server Commands") says
   Some more commands for closing, disabling, and re-opening servers are
listed in *note Unavailable Servers::.

However there on (info "(gnus) Unavailable Servers") there is NO mention
of disabling.

(occur "dis" nil)
Searched 1 buffer; no matches for `dis'

Yes, I wanted a command to disable as in

$ systemctl disable ...

whereas the sever is still visible in the server buffer, but disabled,
for today, tomorrow, forever, until I enable it again.

By the way,
‘D’
     Mark the current server as unreachable (‘gnus-server-deny-server’).
actually marks it as "denied", not "unreachable". At least mention the
official name we see.

So a new state needs to be implemented: "disabled"!

This new additional state should be like "denied" but be persistent
through restarting emacs and reboots.

Also you would need to make it a toggle, disable/enable.

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-21 on binet, modified by Debian