Subject: 24.5; Segfault on C-z on Mac OS X 10.11

From: David Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 14:51:51 -0700

1. emacs -Q
2. C-z

The window mimizes and then Emacs crashes.

This only happens on Mac OS X 10.11 (100% of the time). I just tested on
10.10 and I couldn't get it to crash. It only happens in ns mode ("emacs
-nw" works fine).

I don't have a gdb backtrace, but I have attached an OS backtrace
(backtrace-1.txt). I also received a backtrace from someone else having the
same problem. Their backtrace (backtrace-2.txt) is similar but shows what
looks like a NULL pointer function call.

-David

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
of 2015-04-10 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
`configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Important settings:
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
auto-insert-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
global-auto-revert-mode: t
delete-selection-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
size-indication-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading delsel...done
Loading autorevert...done
Loading gnus...done
Loading paren...done
Failed to enable theme: calmer-forest
My .emacs loaded in 0.000000s
My .emacs loaded in 0.418803s
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug calmer-forest-theme
ack-and-a-half-autoloads flymake-css-autoloads flymake-cursor-autoloads
flymake-haml-autoloads flymake-jslint-autoloads
flymake-perlcritic-autoloads flymake-php-autoloads
flymake-ruby-autoloads flymake-shell-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
magithub-autoloads mode-compile-autoloads nav-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads info slime-autoloads svg-clock-autoloads package
epg-config commit-patch-buffer pcase log-edit easy-mmode message
sendmail format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader ring pcvs-util add-log vc vc-dispatcher
david-custom-emacs-setup advice david-headers autoinsert ginel-string
david-keys david-movement edmacro kmacro david-coding-style saveplace
paren gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib autorevert filenotify delsel
cus-start cus-load benchmark time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 161195 16306)
(symbols 48 25173 0)
(miscs 40 89 203)
(strings 32 36358 13087)
(string-bytes 1 954275)
(vectors 16 22379)
(vector-slots 8 1210585 203755)
(floats 8 97 52)
(intervals 56 241 8)
(buffers 960 12))