Subject: 24.5; Gud gdb doesn't load source files with utf-8 chars in the file name

From: Augusto Fraga Giachero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 12:26:55 -0300

I'm having problems when trying to debug a program with gdb. The GUD
doesn't load the source files if they have any utf-8 character in their
names. I know that gdb replaces utf-8 characters with backslash and
their corresponding octal value, it seems that GUD isn't parsing these
octal sequences.

Here is an part of my gdb-source-file-list:

(... "/home/augusto/Projetos/Eletr\303\264nica/ARM/IoControl/src/main.c"
...)

The correct path should be:
/home/augusto/Projetos/Eletrônica/ARM/IoControl/src/main.c

I think it's not hard to fix it, but my knowledge of lisp isn't that
great.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-09 on foutrelis
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: pt_BR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
[yas] Loading for `emacs-lisp-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil (yas--load-directory-1 (quote /home/augusto/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150811.1222/snippets/emacs-lisp-mode) (quote emacs-lisp-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from /home/augusto/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150811.1222/snippets/emacs-lisp-mode
[yas] Loading for `prog-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil (yas--load-directory-1 (quote /home/augusto/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150811.1222/snippets/prog-mode) (quote prog-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from /home/augusto/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150811.1222/snippets/prog-mode
Loading /home/augusto/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150811.1222/snippets/prog-mode/.yas-setup...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
*message*-20150927-113643 has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Beginning of buffer
Mark set [2 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message idna cl-macs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils company-files company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags ring company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company-irony
irony-completion irony-snippet irony find-func company waher-theme ido
cl-extra yasnippet help-mode cl gv linum-relative advice help-fns linum
picasm picasm-loops picasm-external edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib
info easymenu tex-site package epg-config time time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 154849 3972)
 (symbols 48 24539 0)
 (miscs 40 103 151)
 (strings 32 37552 10436)
 (string-bytes 1 932429)
 (vectors 16 17551)
 (vector-slots 8 519725 3706)
 (floats 8 406 239)
 (intervals 56 257 0)
 (buffers 960 15)
 (heap 1024 34440 1713))