Subject: bug#21572: closed (Re: bug#21572: 24.5; Gud gdb doesn't load source files with utf-8 chars in the file name)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 11:55:03 +0000

Your bug report

#21572: 24.5; Gud gdb doesn't load source files with utf-8 chars in the file name

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21572: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21572
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21572: 24.5; Gud gdb doesn't load source files with utf-8 chars in the file name
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 14:53:52 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 20:52:24 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I have a prototype fix along the above-mentioned lines which I will
> commit soon, unless someone has a better idea.  You could then patch
> your gdb-mi.el and use it with those source files.

I've pushed those changes now, and I'm marking this bug done.

Thanks.

Subject: 24.5; Gud gdb doesn't load source files with utf-8 chars in the file name
From: Augusto Fraga Giachero <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 12:26:55 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm having problems when trying to debug a program with gdb. The GUD
doesn't load the source files if they have any utf-8 character in their
names. I know that gdb replaces utf-8 characters with backslash and
their corresponding octal value, it seems that GUD isn't parsing these
octal sequences.

Here is an part of my gdb-source-file-list:

(... "/home/augusto/Projetos/Eletr\303\264nica/ARM/IoControl/src/main.c"
...)

The correct path should be:
/home/augusto/Projetos/Eletrônica/ARM/IoControl/src/main.c

I think it's not hard to fix it, but my knowledge of lisp isn't that
great.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-09 on foutrelis
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: pt_BR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
[yas] Loading for `emacs-lisp-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil (yas--load-directory-1 (quote /home/augusto/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150811.1222/snippets/emacs-lisp-mode) (quote emacs-lisp-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from /home/augusto/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150811.1222/snippets/emacs-lisp-mode
[yas] Loading for `prog-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil (yas--load-directory-1 (quote /home/augusto/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150811.1222/snippets/prog-mode) (quote prog-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from /home/augusto/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150811.1222/snippets/prog-mode
Loading /home/augusto/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150811.1222/snippets/prog-mode/.yas-setup...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
*message*-20150927-113643 has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Beginning of buffer
Mark set [2 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message idna cl-macs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils company-files company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags ring company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company-irony
irony-completion irony-snippet irony find-func company waher-theme ido
cl-extra yasnippet help-mode cl gv linum-relative advice help-fns linum
picasm picasm-loops picasm-external edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib
info easymenu tex-site package epg-config time time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 154849 3972)
 (symbols 48 24539 0)
 (miscs 40 103 151)
 (strings 32 37552 10436)
 (string-bytes 1 932429)
 (vectors 16 17551)
 (vector-slots 8 519725 3706)
 (floats 8 406 239)
 (intervals 56 257 0)
 (buffers 960 15)
 (heap 1024 34440 1713))