Subject: bug#21568: [PATCH] Add prettify-symbols-alist for js-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 21:37:07 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 17:11:37 +0300
> 
> On 09/27/2015 01:03 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > I don't see that as a bother, just as useful information that can do
> > no harm.
> 
> I'd have been happy not be have been imparted this "information". 

Then please ignore it.  No harm done.

> Especially in the form it was presented: adding those cookies everywhere 
> conflicts with that bit of knowledge I've had in my head that since some 
> recent Emacs version having UTF-8 in Elisp files is not a problem.

That's a misrepresentation of what the text says.  It explicitly does
NOT require cookies in ELisp files that are encoded in UTF-8.

> We shouldn't treat them like that just because this problem occurs in 
> other files. Nor bring it up in discussions on submitted patches.

With all due respect, I will bring up whatever issues I think are
important when discussing patches.  Please feel free to bring up those
that you feel to be important.

> There are other ways to raise awareness. Like CONTRIBUTE, which now 
> features that information.

I did both.  Where's the harm?