Subject: 25.0.50; ediff-region-wordwise fails for latex buffers, emacs -Q

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 11:03:48 +0200

Hello

this bug report should replace the one I sent yesterday. This time I
started emacs -Q and also deleted jit-lock file which shadowed the one
emacs ships. I send this bug reported after the error occurred

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
  redisplay--update-region-highlight(#<window 16 on section-0005.tex-Region.A->)
  run-hook-with-args(redisplay--update-region-highlight #<window 16 on section-0005.tex-Region.A->)
  redisplay--pre-redisplay-functions(t)
  apply(redisplay--pre-redisplay-functions t)
  #[128 "\300\301\"\210\300\302\"\207" [apply redisplay--pre-redisplay-functions ignore nil] 4 nil nil](t)
  redisplay_internal\ \(C\ function\)()
  recursive-edit()
  ediff-clone-buffer-for-region-comparison("section-0005.tex" "-Region.A-")
  ediff-regions-wordwise("section-0005.tex" "section-0005-rev-1.5.tex")
  funcall-interactively(ediff-regions-wordwise "section-0005.tex" "section-0005-rev-1.5.tex")
  call-interactively(ediff-regions-wordwise record nil)
  command-execute(ediff-regions-wordwise record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "ediff-regions-wordwise" "ediff-regions-wo")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "ediff-regions-wordwise" "ediff-regions-wo")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2015-09-20
Repository revision: 00a65e3238a888fc92b0c2aab8cb5bda8bd99c29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
System Description:	Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/emacs25/'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE
M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
Making completion list... [2 times]
Please type y, n, or !: y
Making completion list... [2 times]
Quit
Making completion list...
Entering debugger...
Saving file /home/oub/ALLES/Karp/Static-Solutions/EulerPoisson_Uwe/split-euler-poisson/bug-ediff-emacs-q.txt...
Wrote /home/oub/ALLES/Karp/Static-Solutions/EulerPoisson_Uwe/split-euler-poisson/bug-ediff-emacs-q.txt

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort hashcash gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils debug ediff-merg ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff cus-edit
wid-edit cus-start cus-load help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs
pcase cl-lib vc-filewise vc-rcs tex-mode compile shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring latexenc time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 129843 7363)
 (symbols 24 27705 0)
 (miscs 20 88 202)
 (strings 16 32544 5067)
 (string-bytes 1 768131)
 (vectors 8 15316)
 (vector-slots 4 464379 4700)
 (floats 8 166 193)
 (intervals 28 557 14)
 (buffers 520 18)
 (heap 1024 24667 410))