Subject: Re: bug#21559: 25.0.50; auto-revert-mode breaks git rebase

From: Ben Gamari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 17:05:58 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Ben Gamari <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 16:11:16 +0200
>> 
>> I threw together a patch [1] implementing the suggestion I presented
>> above. I have yet to rigorously test it but I have yet to experience the
>> issue since starting to use it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> However, it looks like your suggested patch reverts back to what we
> had before we fixed bug 18958, doesn't it?  If so, we will have to
> look for some other solution, because we don't want to reintroduce
> that bug.  See http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18958#5
> for the details.

I'm not sure that this is true. Note that my patch defers *only* the
call to vc-find-file-hook, not reverting the buffer (which, correct me
if I'm wrong, appears to be what this bug is about).

Cheers,

- Ben