Subject: bug#21557: 25.0.50; HTML renders text invisible

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 04:28:46 -0400

I received a message whose text was rendered as invisible when I
viewed it in Rmail.  I think it is because of 'color:#000'.

I think that if HTML specifies the same color for foreground and
background, rendering should use different colors so that the text
can be seen.

Here is a redacted version which reproduces the bug.

>>From [email-masked]  Wed Sep 23 13:26:14 2015
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 13:26:14 -0400
From: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Richard Stallman" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: STALLMAN BOOKS
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 10:26:06 -0700

<html><body><span style=3D"font-family:Verdana; color:#000; font-size:10pt;=
"><div>Hi Jeanne</div><div><br></div><div>I know I gave you an address for =
the books to be sent. I am sending you an address at Kent for the books to =
be sent. It makes more sense for the books to be sent there:<br></div><div>=
<br></div></span></body></html>

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2015-08-12 on freetop
Repository revision: 79a169684dfad2c0bbb9fdbae539c1f30d9f0ac3
System Description:	Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos

Configured using:
 `configure 'CFLAGS=-g -O0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: RMAIL

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Saved text from "From [email-masked]  We"
Mark set
Auto-saving...done
Mark set
Sending...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-72
Sending...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug jka-compr epa-mail quail rmailkwd epa derived epg
rmailout vc vc-dispatcher vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode find-func pp
two-column kmacro iso-transl ispell dabbrev battery shr-color color
url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv gnus-util
password-cache url-vars shr dom subr-x browse-url rmailsum dired-aux
shell pcomplete grep compile comint ansi-color ring misearch
multi-isearch mailalias qp rmailmm message sendmail format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns help-mode cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils
dired t-mouse view time-date paren cus-start cus-load advice
finder-inf package easymenu epg-config mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 275753 47689)
 (symbols 24 25638 8)
 (miscs 20 1580 3204)
 (strings 16 40311 16893)
 (string-bytes 1 1558732)
 (vectors 8 27525)
 (vector-slots 4 1446754 41808)
 (floats 8 414 549)
 (intervals 28 43560 1216)
 (buffers 520 54)
 (heap 1024 14588 1385))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.