Subject: Re: 25.0.50; `C-h m' in ibuffer-mode: doc line way too long

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 17:31:09 -0700

Thanks for reporting that. It should be fixed with the attached, which I 
installed as master commit 99763700e33cc04700e2ee2fd9313e9ff279b2de.
From 2a5e3c2434d16a2bf745b05957a06ebbe168d945 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 17:25:01 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] * lisp/ibuffer.el: Fix docstring length (Bug#21541).

---
 lisp/ibuffer.el | 14 +++++++++-----
 1 file changed, 9 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/ibuffer.el b/lisp/ibuffer.el
index 92eb068..89477bd 100644
--- a/lisp/ibuffer.el
+++ b/lisp/ibuffer.el
@@ -2493,14 +2493,17 @@ ibuffer-mode
 buffers which satisfy ALL criteria on the stack.  For example, suppose
 you only want to see buffers in `emacs-lisp' mode, whose names begin
 with \"gnus\".  You can accomplish this via:
-`\\[ibuffer-filter-by-mode] emacs-lisp-mode RET
-\\[ibuffer-filter-by-name] ^gnus RET'.
+
+  \\[ibuffer-filter-by-mode] emacs-lisp-mode RET
+  \\[ibuffer-filter-by-name] ^gnus RET
 
 Additionally, you can OR the top two filters together with
 `\\[ibuffer-or-filters]'.  To see all buffers in either
 `emacs-lisp-mode' or `lisp-interaction-mode', type:
 
-`\\[ibuffer-filter-by-mode] emacs-lisp-mode RET \\[ibuffer-filter-by-mode] lisp-interaction-mode RET \\[ibuffer-or-filters]'.
+  \\[ibuffer-filter-by-mode] emacs-lisp-mode RET
+  \\[ibuffer-filter-by-mode] lisp-interaction-mode RET
+  \\[ibuffer-or-filters]
 
 Filters can also be saved and restored using mnemonic names: see the
 functions `ibuffer-save-filters' and `ibuffer-switch-to-saved-filters'.
@@ -2518,9 +2521,10 @@ ibuffer-mode
 filter, and then type `\\[ibuffer-filters-to-filter-group]'.
 
 A quick example will make things clearer.  Suppose that one wants to
-group all of one's Emacs Lisp buffers together.  To do this, type
+group all of one's Emacs Lisp buffers together.  To do this, type:
 
-`\\[ibuffer-filter-by-mode] emacs-lisp-mode RET \\[ibuffer-filters-to-filter-group] RET emacs lisp buffers RET'
+  \\[ibuffer-filter-by-mode] emacs-lisp-mode RET
+  \\[ibuffer-filters-to-filter-group] emacs lisp buffers RET
 
 You may, of course, name the group whatever you want; it doesn't have
 to be \"emacs lisp buffers\".  Filter groups may be composed of any
-- 
2.1.0